Senior Android Developer - Millions of Users
This job offer is expired
What you will do
Our Android development team builds, maintains and perfects our auction app that has 150,000+ active monthly users. Within the team you’ll be given plenty of freedom to bring in ideas to optimize the product. The app is stable (99.6% crash free) so you’ll be doing a lot more than just fixing bugs! We’re building a mobile platform that is tuned and tweaked to perfectly serve our large and growing international user base, and as such we need someone who can help us:
- Build reusable Android software components.
- Collaborate with a QA on continuous integration and delivery as well as other automated and manual testing; We want to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
- Work on a combination of feature development, A/B testing and architectural challenges.
- Raise the bar by conducting code reviews and sharing knowledge, tips and tricks within and across teams.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies (bonus points if you’re familiar with Kotlin!)
Who you are
In addition to having demonstrable experience of working as an Android Developer on high traffic applications, you are also:
- Up-to-date with the modern Android programming paradigm, including the use of MVP, Dagger, RxJava and Kotlin. (We’re not using Kotlin in production yet, but would love it if you are as curious as us about it)
- Experience in making apps work intuitively, with pixel perfect interfaces; You have an eye for UX/UI Design.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. This means that you care about the code quality and the Catawiki Application as a whole.
- You have a collaborative attitude; At Catawiki we work in multidisciplinary teams so good communication and teamwork are skills we value highly.
- You’re constantly looking for new techniques to help improve our apps and enjoy A/B testing in order to calibrate and evaluate new features on real users.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- An in-house ‘Learning & Development’ team which provides tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.