Android Developer, Digital Factory
This job offer is expired
The Digital Factory is an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world’s largest banks behind us and a talented and growing team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
As the Android Developer you'll be joining one of our teams that's rebuilding our mobile banking application on the cloud. We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You dream in code
- Continuous integration and deployment makes you giddy
- You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- You want to solve real problems that will flip a multi-billion dollar industry on its head*
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on the world
- Experienced in user-centered design
- Active in the Toronto start-up, agile and tech scene
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Obsessed with the latest, greatest, craziest approaches to Agile Technical Practices
- Excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to personal innovation projects with your peers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have 2 or more years of progressive mobile development experience, which includes cloud-native development (conceptualization, design, and development) on the Android platform including Java, RxJava, Retrofit, OkHttp, Dagger, Junit, Espresso
- You have one or more years of experience providing hands-on architectural design for native Android applications with an understanding of design patterns such as MVP, MVVM
- You have experience with unit-testing code for robustness, usability and improving performance of the overall application
- You’re familiar with building Android accessibility components to improve application usability
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- You’re passionate about well-designed products and not afraid to sit with our Design Team to prototype, wireframe, and white-board your ideas
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- We want you to feel comfortable, dress codes don't apply here
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto