This job offer is expired
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 and we have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
We're now seeing explosive demand for our services. We need to scale our startup. Fast. And this is where you come in. We’re looking for an Android Developer to work within our highly experienced team to work closely with clients to develop innovative mobile applications.
You will be responsible for using cutting edge technologies to deliver key product features that a million monthly active shoppers use. The consumer shift to apps is happening right now. Be part of the app revolution in retail.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll working closely with clients and our Professional Services team on building world class apps for enterprise customers.
- You will be working on improving the core platform and hooking it up to the cloud via the Developer Centre and CMS.
- The ideal candidate for this role has an eye for design and is passionate about building apps that act fast, don't crash and look beautiful.
What we’re looking for
- Proficient in Android Studio, Android SDK and Google compatible libraries.
- Experience with MVP, MVVM or similar.
- Experience in writing fully unit tested apps.
- At least one app published in the Google Play Store.
- Experience in working closely with designers, and having an eye for design is super helpful.
- Experience in collaborating with clients or product owners using an agile process.
- We use the latest technologies such as Clean Architecture, MVVM, RxJava2, Dagger2, Retrofit2, JUnit4, Mockito, Databinding and Glide. Any experience with these is a plus.
- Kotlin is our primary development language now. So experience in Kotlin is a big plus.
- Experience writing UI tests with espresso.
- Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD) experience.
- UX/UI Design skills.
- Experience in ecommerce or retail.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- GitHub source control and Continuous Integration.
- Competitive salary and commission
- Training Budget of £750 per person, per year
- Genderless Parental Leave Policy based on primary care-giving for biological and adopted children
- Comprehensive Private Medical Cover including optical, dental and mental health
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- We know that sometimes projects and deadlines mean we have to work late, so when that happens, you can order dinner on us and have it delivered to the office.
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Birthday Break - 2 hours back to have a lie in, take a long lunch or leave early on your birthday
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the 'submit your application' button to apply. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Compliance at Poq
Poq will use the personal data provided by you in your application to contact you regarding matters relevant to the recruitment of this role. We will keep your details in our database; Workable, for a maximum of 12 months after the role closes, for the purpose of contacting you regarding other relevant roles at Poq that may become available. After this time your personal data will be deleted from our database. Members of the People team and relevant hiring managers and interviewers will have access to your CV during the recruitment process.