Mobile Engineer on a global team in Tokyo
This job offer is expired
"Localize the Internet."
This is the tagline for WOVN.io and it defines our thinking. Simple solutions with global ambitions.
We're looking for a mobile (iOS/Android) and web developer with an interest in working on a global team. We are an agile development team using the SCRUM development methodology.
The applicant who fills this position will start work on a new project for mobile app localization. As such, we don't currently have a technology stack or environment specified for mobile app developers.
- Ruby on Rails
- Vue.js framework
- Flexible hours and vacation time
- Your choice of PC, monitor, keyboard and other work essentials
- Free language lessons (any language) for all employees
- Support to go to tech meetings or conferences
Skills & Requirements
- Basic computer science knowledge and skills
- High programming proficiency
- Experience localizing a mobile app
- Interest in languages/internationalization
- Extensive experience localizing mobile apps on both iOS and Android platforms
- noSQL databases and/or relational database architecture
- database performance tuning
- Quality Assurance
- Continuous integration
- Large systems development
- Server/internet security
Who we're looking for
- Engineers who share our mission and values
- Engineers with a specialty or specific strength
- Engineers who are self reliant with good time management skills
Ruby Biz Grand Prize 2017
We recently won the Ruby Biz Grand Prize -- awarded by Ruby creator Matz -- have a look at our blog article for more info.
WOVN.io is a website localization service (creating Chinese, Spanish, Dutch etc versions of your website). Our goal is to create the simplest and quickest solution for website localization, without compromising on features. Quality and utility are of the utmost importance to us. This means providing a top-class experience for our users that is easy to use.
We are at a unique and exciting point in our company's history. Our global team is actively seeking growth opportunities outside of Japan and we are approaching user growth which will require creative engineering solutions to sustain and fuel. To prepare for this, we need passionate, skilled engineers who are ready to take the leap with us into the next chapter!
We are a small and nimble team of about 9 developers and, contrary to traditional Japanese workplaces, we enjoy a relaxed work environment. Developers choose their own hours, and we don't get in the way of anyone doing their best work. Each developer has a visible impact on WOVN.io and we're creating an environment that gives everyone the opportunity to improve their skills and gain valuable experience. While some of us speak Japanese, this is not a requirement. That being said, from working together many of us have seen great improvements in our Japanese -- and English.
About 60% of our company is made up of developers and roughly half of us are foreigners living in Japan. Diversity is important to us because our target market is not Japan, but the world. This is why we are focusing on developing solutions for global users.