← Back to all jobs
This job offer is expired
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with other software engineers, product managers, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain mobile-based business applications built on Android and Microsoft technologies.
- Assessing opportunities for application and process improvement and preparing documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties, Adhering to high-quality lean engineering principles while delivering solutions.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Android (3+ years), Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes, Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with automated testing; working on an agile team; multi-threading and concurrency; debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL, and ORM technologies.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Experience configuring and developing customizations for a wide range of Android and Microsoft platforms.