Senior Android Developer
This job offer is expired
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Digital Home is seeking a passionate and driven Senior Android Developer to join our Xfinity Home engineering team. This group is responsible for the development, testing, and delivery of the Xfinity Home touchscreen (Home Hub) Android application, which is the customer's primary in-home interface with the Xfinity Home security and automation product. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest in IoT technology!
The primary responsibilities of this role will be focused on adding features and improvements to the existing Android application that is used as the central customer interface for Xfinity Home, as well as collaborating with multiple teams to define the next generation of the Xfinity Home experience. This role requires strong communication skills in order to work effectively and efficiently with multiple engineering teams and business managers, as well as the ability and willingness to quickly adapt to evolving business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building Android applications (Java, RxJava, Kotlin) that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (millions of users), as well as home automation devices and wireless mesh networks (e.g. ZigBee and Z-Wave), and have a strong bias for clean, reusable code, testability and automation.
-6+ years of experience creating native Android applications.
- Familiarity with common Android languages and libraries like Java, RxJava and Kotlin.
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Working knowledge of web services & REST APIs.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience working with IoT frameworks or platforms.
- Knowledge of source control and code review systems (Github, Gerrit)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience with automating workflows for software development builds and deployments
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer