Software Engineer, Android
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every month, more than 1.57 billion people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. The Facebook Mobile team constantly pushes the boundaries of mobile experience, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. As a Facebook Mobile Software Engineer, you'll specialise in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people - anytime and anywhere.
We're looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you're interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Facebook experience for the Android platform
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Experience of building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
- Programming experience in Java and related frameworks
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in software development experience
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Pension Benefits Life Assurance Childcare Benefits Gym Benefits Transport benefits Laundry Benefit Posted: 3/10/2018 Closing date: 31/10/2018