Mobile Developer iOS / Android
This job offer is expired
Software Engineer, iOS/Android
The strength of our solutions and brand combined with your expertise empower us to literally change peoples’ lives!
Who We Are:
This is an exciting time at CareerBuilder as we continue the rapid growth of our global HR Software as a Service operation. Fueled by technology that is years ahead of the competition, we’re doing something the industry has never seen before: unifying the recruiter experience in one pre-hire platform that is always on, is data-driven and is easy to use. You’ll see us expand into more markets with innovative products and services that are changing the way companies recruit new talent around the world. As a Software Engineer at CareerBuilder, you’ll have the opportunity to do something extraordinary. Our employees are what drive our success and are at the very core of our identity.
About the Mobile App Team:
- We support the CareerBuilder Jobs mobile apps for iOS and Android
- The Android has over a million downloads and handles over 1.7 million job seeker applications per month
- The iOS app has over 600K downloads and handles over 1 million job seeker applications per month
Who You Are:
Software Engineers at CareerBuilder solve interesting business problems that span the range of deriving intelligence from big data, engaging job seekers on mobile devices, to building applications in the cloud.
Are you a Software Engineer that has the experience to develop Mobile Applications for Android and iOS? Can you code effectively despite the threat of flying Nerf darts whizzing past your head? The Consumer Mobile Apps team at CareerBuilder is looking for two passionate and experienced Software Engineers (a senior engineer and an engineering lead) to join our growing team.
A Day in the Life…
- Help us as we unify our UX (user experience) across our iOS and Android platforms. This will eventually lead to a major revision of the whole Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Take ownership of an app with over a million downloads and be personally responsible for its quality and ongoing development.
- Bring your code to life using your choice of a MacBook Pro, Air, or a Windows laptop if you prefer
- Our coding philosophies align with SOLID principles and Clean Code embodies our culture
Sr. Software Engineer, iOS/Android Job Requirements:
- A passion for development for both Android and iOS
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Development required, Java, objective c, swift, and knowledge of C# and MVC is an added plus.
- 3 –5 years of experience with mobile app development (Android and/or iOS – Windows phone is a plus).
- Experience with mobile app hybrid frameworks such as Xamarin, Ionic and/or Cordova is a plus.
- Experience working on large legacy systems is a plus
- Participate and contribute to a culture of learning, collaboration and innovation; we expect you communicate effectively by leaving eloquent comments on pull requests, and like to use dry erase markers to enhance discussions.
- Experience with a wide variety of web development tools, techniques and technologies, such as Java, .NET, HTML, Angular, CSS, Responsive Design, relational and non-relational databases, or other related technologies with modern web application frameworks; we look for full stack developers
- Demonstrated ability to earn your teammates' trust and respect through clear, honest, and helpful communication.
- BS in Computer Science or related field