Android Developer - Connectivity / IoT
This job offer is expired
What began with one man and one idea inside a coach house in Wiltshire, has since transformed into a 10,000-strong global technology company spanning multiple product categories and more than 70 countries around the world. But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge in the coming years. Dyson’s place in the connected world sits at the heart of our strategy – our future is increasingly centered around intelligent machines.
As part of our ambitious expansion plans, we've opened a Tech hub in the heart of Singapore. This hub focuses on development of apps and services to support our growing and innovative range of connected products.
You’ll be responsible for developing engaging and robust digital experiences to complement Dyson's connected products. The work will be challenging, varied and will help bring Dyson connected products into the evolving world of IoT.
Inquisitive by nature, you’ll be enthusiastic about technology and creative and tenacious in your approach to problem solving.
- Interacting with team including product developers, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
- Developing software which will interact with Dyson hardware using a range of wireless technologies to help visualise ‘big data’ for our customers.
- Working with scaling solutions to match our growing connected product range and user base
- Mentor other members of the team and contribute to system architecture and development process.
- Push new ideas forward; not being afraid to experiment and try out new ways of working
Skills / experience required
- Background in Android app development – Java and Android Studio
- Experience writing automated unit and UI tests (e.g. JUnit, Mockito & Calabash)
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including JIRA, Bitbucket & Bamboo
- Experience with Android build and release tools (e.g. fastlane, Gradle & HockeyApp)
- Experience developing C++ cross platform libraries & NDK would be a bonus
Our culture is unique. It's not easy or comfortable. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you thrive on challenge and are excited by change – it could be for you.