This job offer is expired
We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for several talented and committed engineers with excellent technical knowledge and experience in customer facing roles to join our team.
These roles are a fantastic opportunity for experienced engineers to join our highly successful team and take an active role in delivering world-class connected car solutions. With responsibility for supporting both business development and our customers with technical integration of our core software into their products, these roles offer the opportunity to expand your professional career within a wide range of vertical markets including Mobile Operators, Handset Vendors, Enterprise Solutions and Automotive Sectors. There will also be opportunities for global travel, especially to the Far East, USA and around Europe.
These roles include a significant amount of research and development with cutting edge technology, such as the very latest versions of Android (prior to public release), newest silicon and devices not yet available in the market. You’ll work closely with our customers to understand their requirements and prescribe technical solutions. You’ll prepare and conduct technology demonstrations (including researching technical solutions, advanced development and rapid prototyping of applications) tailored to meet the customer’s individual needs. You’ll concisely articulate requirements to the core engineering team, agreeing detailed specifications and producing compelling commercial proposals. You’ll also be responsible for keeping up to date with all technical details of the VNC Automotive product offerings, and will also support the on-going development of our product roadmaps.
Your skills and experience should include:
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science
- have extensive recent relevant experience, covering software development using C/C++ and writing multithreaded software targeted for cross-platform use
- are familiar with Linux toolchains and Android build-systems
- have a strong can-do attitude and an intelligent approach to problem solving
- possess a desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies, and get a buzz out of seeing the results deployed widely in real world applications
- have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- are willing to travel as required (but not excessive), including Europe, USA, Asia and the Far East
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Commercial awareness, an understanding of the sales-cycle process and ability to build customer and partner relationships and trust, such as working closely with silicon partners
- The ability to manage and interpret customer requirements
- Wide knowledge of low level and applications level programming languages, targeted at mobile devices, mobile applications development, embedded operating systems, including networking physical layers and transport protocols
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and drivers; and object-orientated languages such as Java
- Experience in technical consulting, field applications engineering or pre-sales customer facing situations
- A confident, professional personality and style, able to present at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions and trade shows
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Foreign language skills in French, German, Italian, Japanese or Chinese or similar would be highly beneficial but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful start-up with exciting growth with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post based in our central Cambridge offices, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, simply complete and submit the form below and we will get in contact as soon as possible.
VNC Automotive has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
VNC Automotive is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.