Job DescriptionAre you passionate about mobile apps? Do you enjoy phenomenal mobile user experiences over a cup of coffee? Do you love leading a high performing mobile development team (both iOS and Android to boot)? If your answer is yes, come join us and be a part of Atlassian's Mobile Core team.As a Senior Development Team Lead/Development Manager of the Mobile Core team, you will manage a team of high performing mobile developers to develop foundational components as well as features that are essential to all Atlassian's mobile apps. You will work closely with our world-class product managers and designers to envision a roadmap, craft engineering delivery plans, define our measures of success, and then drive towards delivery. We are looking for a passionate technical leader who will motivate the team to excel and grow in their careers.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes, and industry experience working as a manager or lead engineering managing a team of engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software developer
- Programming experience in both Swift/ObjC for iOS and Kotlin/Java for Android. Minimum 1 year each.
- Ability to break down problems into executable chunks and coordinating multiple engineers to deliver a solution
- Demonstrate experience in mentoring and retaining talent
- Ability to contribute to the technical and business strategy of the team
- Maintain operational excellence in key mobile KPIs
It's great, but not required if you have:
More about our team
- Either personally or professionally have developed, shipped and maintained 5 stars mobile app(s) in Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Guru in the art of animation, sounds and other sensory capabilities of mobile devices. After all, UX is more than just visual.
The Mobile Core team is the mobile central office for Atlassian in charge of defining Atlassian's mobile strategy, design and technical directions. Our engineering team consists of iOS, Android, as well tooling developers, with many cross-trained on both platform. Our team is spread across Mountain View, CA, Sydney, Australia, and Austin, TX. This position is to lead a sub-team within Mobile Core that's in charge of delivering reusable user-facing features and components.More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.