Software Engineer, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
This job offer is expired
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of general software programming experience in Java, C/C++, Python, Go, database design and SQL, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Large systems software design and development experience, with experience in Unix/Linux.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science.
- Technical paper publications and conference engagements.
- Experience developing applications for multiple mobile platforms (e.g. Android, iOS), internet-related cloud technologies, and gaming industries, etc.
- Familiarity with open source cloud and application platforms, Google App Engine development experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking, massive data storage, Hadoop, MapReduce, and security.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Software Engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to handle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Cloud Platform allows developers to build, host, store and deploy applications or websites on Google's highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure for web, mobile and backend solutions. We are looking for visionary Software Engineers who see the big picture of where cloud computing is headed and want to be at the forefront of a new era of computing. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver Google Cloud Platform products including: App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Big Data, Deployment Manager, Services and more. You will quickly ramp up as a subject matter expert for the Google Cloud Platform and become the go-to person for designing elegant cloud-based solutions. You will apply your expertise of cloud computing stack, broad software technologies, and open source tools to resolve what are often considered seemingly unsolvable cloud technology platform challenges for our customers.
If you are a software engineer interested in building front-end, back-end or full stack services for a new and innovative cloud product, then we are interested in talking to you. We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, and user interface design. The list goes on and grows daily. You’ll work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to handle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Write server side code for Google Cloud Platform based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- Provide thought leadership for cloud developer technology inside Google and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline or improve adoption of Google Cloud Platform.