Software Engineer, E-commerce
- 4 years relevant work experience, including 2 years industry experience.
- Software development experience in Java and SQL on Unix/Linux environments.
- Development experience working with one or more of the following: e-commerce web sites, supply chain / logistics systems, payment processing, web content management.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design, with analytical and debugging experience.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with one or more of the following: large systems software design, development of distributed or parallel systems, database design, machine learning, Android application development.
- Experience leading small teams of engineers.
- Experience with Consumer Electronics, or Software development related to Consumer Hardware.
About the job
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
The Google Store (http://store.google.com) is the company’s online channel for Google’s expanding portfolio of Made By Google products. Our product range spans Pixel, Google Home, Pixelbook, Chromecast, Google Wifi, VR and accessories. Our hardware products make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our hardware products make people's lives better through technology.
Google's e-commerce software engineers apply their expertise in frontend, backend, or full-stack development to build next-generation systems that showcase Google's hardware products to consumers.
As an e-commerce software engineer, you will design innovative website features to delight consumers as they learn about our hardware products. You will build intuitive web interfaces and services that make it easy for consumers to purchase products, and develop flexible content management systems that can instantly publish localized web content for our hardware products. You will create self-service portals for customers to get support assistance and integrate with global logistics providers to swiftly deliver products to customers. You will use Google's cloud infrastructure technologies to build highly scalable, low latency, resilient web applications.
We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.