Software Engineer, Virtual Reality
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience with Virtual Reality, including but not limited to 3D graphics, OpenGL, rendering, digital AV, video and audio codecs, and/or media players.
- Experience with mobile development in Android, iOS, or other mobile environments.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on graphics.
- Experience using Unity and/or Unreal Engine.
- Experience designing APIs and SDKs and/or game development.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Build VR features for a range of uses. Support diverse clients, including small footprint mobile devices.
- Develop and architect projects, plugins, games, demos and SDKs.
- Provide general project support to help ensure high performance integration of VR features into the platforms.
- Build systems that are highly performant on a wide range of devices across a number of platforms.