Lead Mobile Developer for an exciting startup in Hong Kong
This job offer is expired
Lead Mobile Developer
Are you looking for the chance to live and work overseas in one of the most inspiring global cities? Hong Kong is the gateway to China, a historic bridge between the east and the west, a cultural melting pot with a close-knit and steadily growing startup scene eager to compete with its cousins over the border in Shenzhen.
We are looking for a talented and experienced lead mobile developer to help us build amazing native apps and sdks. Our mobile team has one large project on their hands and several more interconnected projects in the planning stages spanning various industries, from fintech to real estate to entertainment.
The first product is an application that is looking to change the way information relating to financial markets is disseminated, and allow people to act upon that information.
The role on offer is that of a lead developer who is passionate about establishing and maintaining engineering standards. You understand the importance of communication being key within the team. You would be expected to be able to handle evolving requirements and turn them into actionable plans.
You would be hands on developing most of the time, participating in code reviews and having an overall vision for building out the project in a maintainable, scalable way for the rest of the time.
The person ideal for this role would have very strong mobile experience in Android and/or iOS and hold the confidence to be able to make decisions on both platforms on architectural matters.
You would have strong experience in a startup culture, and a strong mindset of wanting to build something that you can be proud of.
You would work closely with the Software Development Manager, the CTO and the Project and Product Management teams, and work with the QA and UX teams to make sure the applications have very high levels of reliability and a very usable experience.
Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design session.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years as a technical lead with a deep understanding of Android/iOS UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android/iOS apps.
- 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java/Swift/ObjectiveC, Xcode/Android Studio
- Kotlin advantageous.
- An Object-Oriented philosopher with experience in understanding and applying design patterns.
- Knowledge of web application architecture and experience working on projects consuming REST APIs.
- Experience creating native mobile sdks.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
- Experience integrating with RESTful API based back-end systems.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality.
We offer an extremely competitive salary for the region, numerous perks (pool table, playstations, ping pong, subsidised canteen, frequent happy hour, discounted gym within 5 minute walk) in our beautiful office overlooking Victoria Harbour.