Manager of Mobile Development (Android)
Viacom Warsaw Software Development Center is looking for a stellar and passionate Manager of Mobile Development, who will lead our growing team of highly skilled Android developers.
We need expert in delivering scalable, performance optimized solutions for our high-traffic, consumer-facing digital sites and apps developed for one of our brands, Nickelodeon. It’s all about innovation! If you are an experienced Engineering Manager willing to lead a team of Android developers, a creative problem solver, and love to create great software, then you may be reading about your next job right now!
What will you do?
You will be working as a part of fast-paced, cross-functional, Agile team, building highly optimized native Android experiences for kids, supporting brands like Nick, Nick Jr., and Noggin. As a hands-on manager, you will lead and mentor the team, share your knowledge about development in Java, provide feedback in design and code reviews, and promote best industry practices. By working closely with team’s Architect and external technical software partners, you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of high-quality native mobile apps. You will manage the technical roadmap of the products, provide accurate work estimations, review, execute, and maintain key technical decisions, standards, and policies. As a technical representative, you will clearly communicate the team’s path to your business partners, as well as assist with the recruitment process as a key voice on hiring decisions. In conjunction with Director, you will translate business requirements into technical ones and execute a vision and suggested principles with the team.
What skills do you have?
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Android software development with Java, and at least one additional language (C, C++, Python, Ruby, Scala, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing and mentoring a mobile development team
- Successfully launched apps in the Google Play and Amazon Appstore
- Expert development skills including client-side technologies, design, architecture, and writing of clean, reusable, extensible, standards-compliant code
- Experience with Android testing specifics, including unit, functional and UI testing and applied knowledge of frameworks like Robolectric and Espresso
- Working experience with deducing problems using memory and rendering Android performance measuring tools
- Knowledge of advanced ways to execute flexible app architecture using dependency injection
- Leverage third-party SDKs to enhance effort at solving the business needs
- Strong understanding of OOD, and Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment techniques
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle
- Ability to write ‘just enough’ documentation
- Great communication skills, both with technical and non-technical team members
What will be your additional plus?
- Prior experience with adaptive video streaming technologies, digital advertising platforms, and/or web analytics integration
- Experience with launching streaming video media related apps in the Google Play and Amazon Appstore
- Familiarity with Android TV, Fire TV, Google Cast, and Amazon Appstore apps development
- Native mobile game development experience
- Proficiency in table tennis is a huge plus!
What do we offer?
Challenging projects targeting large international communities, using modern development and deployment technologies
An Agile and growing team of software engineers creating products accessible everywhere
Great benefits package: private healthcare, fitness card, and lots of team building events
Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development
Brand new office located in the strict city center (2 mins walk from Metro Politechnika) with cool fun zones
Last, but not least, we do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount!
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
To find out more about Viacom visit http://viacom.tech/link/linkedin/careers
BEFORE YOU APPLY – PLEASE READ AND SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONSCIOUSLY / Information in Polish is here: https://viacom.tech/careers/rodo/
Dear Applicant! Please keep in mind that your job application may contain your personal data such as, for example: name, surname, contact details (e-mail, mobile phone), education, professional experience etc.
Your response to this job advertisement and providing us with your job application (CV/ Cover letter) shall mean that you agree to the processing of your personal data included therein, for purposes of conducting the recruitment process related to the job position you are applying for.
You have a right to withdraw the consent any time what will not affect the lawfulness of processing made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal.
Keep in mind that providing us with information regarding your professional qualifications, obtained certificates or trainings/ courses you had may increase your chance in the recruitment process. This is only you, however, who decides what data to provide us with.
Important notice regarding your personal data – please read!
- Who is the data controller of your personal data?
The controller of your personal data, as well as entity whom you provide your job application with, is VIMN Poland sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Mokotowska 19, 00-560 Warsaw, e-mail: [email protected]/ [email protected], hereinafter referred to as: „VIMN”.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer under: [email protected]
- What is the purpose of processing of your personal data?
VIMN shall process your personal data for purposes of the performance of recruitment process related to the job position you are applying for.
- What is the legal basis of the processing?
Your personal data included in the job application you provided us with shall be processed on basis of a consent you gave us by responding to this job advertisement (i.e. article 6 section 1 a of the GDPR). This is you who decides what personal data to disclose.
If we decide to invite you to the next level of the recruitment process, as well as if we decide to offer you the job position, and that will meet your interest, we will be processing your personal data in order to take steps prior to the conclusion of the contract (legal basis: article 6 section 1 b of the GDPR).
- Who will have access to your personal data?
According to the binding provisions of Law, we are authorized to share your personal data with entities that process them on our behalf and in our name, such as: the owner of the internet platform via which you are applying to us, as well as the service provider of the server where we host our e-mail box by which we may contact you during the recruitment process. Additionally, access to your personal data shall have all the persons that are engaged in the recruitment process we are conducting now (i.e. our employees and/or subcontractors).
Bearing in mind that we are a part of an international capital group Viacom Inc., an access to your personal data may also have other entities belonging to the group, including also the companies localized in the United States of America (USA) which (i.e. the entities) belong to the Privacy Shield and ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
- How long we shall keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept and processed for the period necessary to conduct the recruitment process you are taking part in, unless you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data before the recruitment process is finished. In such a circumstance, we will erase your data and shall stop their processing earlier.
- The rights you have in connection to your personal data being processed
You have a right to request from VIMN: (i) an access to your personal data, (ii) their rectification, (iii) erasure or (iv) restriction of processing or (v) to object to the processing, as well as (vi) the right to data portability.
In order to notify us of the above please contact us at: [email protected]
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data
As we will be processing your personal data on basis of the consent you granted to us, you can withdraw it any time what will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we made on basis of the consent prior to its withdrawal. In order to withdraw the consent, please reach us at: [email protected]
- Lodging a complaint to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority which is the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data (“Prezes Urzdu Ochrony Danych Osobowych”, formerly: “Generalny Inspektor Ochrony Danych osobowych”), www.uodo.gov.pl
- Providing us with your personal data is voluntary
Please, remember that providing us with your personal data is voluntary, same as voluntary is your take part in the recruitment process we are conducting now. Providing us with your data is, however, necessary for us to include your application in the recruitment process.
- Automated decision-making, including profiling
Your personal data shall not be subject to an automated decision making process, nor profiling.
- What does the “GDPR” mean?
- GDPR is an abbreviation from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection