Senior Android Developer - Northern NJ
This job offer is expired
Android Software Developer (Greater New York Area)
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a world-class Senior Android developer with experience using the Android Video SDK to ultimately lead the mobile team. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is located in Bergen County NJ - only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Build web applications using specific to Android
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced Java for Android development experience
- Hands on experience working with video SDK in Android
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Experience leading or Acting lead on a mobile development team
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience