Senior Android Developer
Who we are
We’re BUX, a tech company that is rocking the world of finance. By taking down all barriers and disrupting the trading experience, we're helping new generations of first-time investors to discover the financial markets. We launched our first app back in 2014 and have welcomed over 1.7 million users across Europe since then. We’re now building a full fledged stockbroker, in order to support multiple investment apps. In parallel we’re working on a second app. Our first app is mainly targeting short term traders, whereas the new app will offer long term investing. Our end goal is to offer a family of apps, catering to everyone who wants to do more with his or her money.
About the team
Engineering is the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team. Between the CTO and our tech leads, there are several decades of development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
Why will you enjoy working for BUX?
- You‘ll be participating in the creation of new products & features together with the Product and Design teams. You will always have your own voice in the process.
- You’ll be challenged to work with real-time data and provide a smooth user experience through high-quality, high-performance code;
- You‘ll be implementing neat features with premium UI/UX in the simplest manner, so they are not only readable and maintainable, but also working just as envisioned.
- You’ll have the freedom to choose your own tooling and judge if a new tool can be used to increase productivity, code readability, and maintainability. We try not to use something just because the “cool kids” are doing it.
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside.
What is the cherry on top?
- Latest and greatest tech equipment;
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 minutes from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan.
We expect to see:
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality.
- Strong experience developing native Android apps;
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills;
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework;
- Good understanding of memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multithreading.
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience with Kotlin is a big plus (most of our codebase is in this language);
- Demonstrable experience publishing apps to the Google Play Store;
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git.
Please note: We only relocate from Europe (Including Russia and Ukraine), and North and South America.Apply now