Senior Software Engineer (Android)
This job offer is expired
As a Software Engineer at Compare The Market your role will be vital in designing, developing and delivering first class tech solutions and contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
You will be joining our Marketing IT team to BUILD great software in order for our customers to find the best services. Your role will be crucial in ensuring our site is optimized for performance and engages our users with great creative. More than 70% of your time will be working on new projects; from realizing new campaigns to building performance monitoring tools used throughout our business. You will CHALLENGE yourself to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software. You will be able LEARN new concepts and technologies fast and find the best solution for the problem at hand.
We are working towards a challenging roadmap to improve our customer proposition and you will have direct input into the direction of our team, working closely with Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, other Software Engineers and our Product Owner. You will be supporting the Technical Lead in leading and mentoring other Software Engineers to build great software. We will support you to GROW within your role, working with 190+ engineers and championing Pair Programming, innovation days and a challenge culture.
What will it take to be successful as a Software Engineer?
- Experience working with enterprise CMS software (Epi server and/or AEM would be preferred, but not essential)
- Commercial experience developing in .NET
- Passionate about technologies and keen to share this passion with others
- Active learner
- Aren’t afraid to admit failure and learn from it – Team first, no ego
- Build it, run it, own it approach
- Advocate of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Advocate of extreme programming. Keen to test first, deploy often and pair program
- Experienced with working in an Agile environment
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006. The tech team is at the heart of Compare The Market. Variety is the spice of life and through our cross-functional teams, our developers are supported to experience different parts of the business via different projects or products: there are no barriers! So, if you’d like to make your mark in an exciting future for Compare The Market you’re in the right place.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
- Roof Bar with breathtaking terrace views • Roof Running Track • Innovation Days •Great work-life balance • MacBook Pros for all new starters • Pool Table •Table Tennis • Playstation • High End Coffee Machine • Regular Free Desk Massage • Regular MeetUps and Social evenings • 300 secure Bike Racks • Showers and Lockers • Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts