This job offer is expired
Dont just dream about Whats Next build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a Product Mindset to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as Americas leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, were building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of Americas favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. Were recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the Worlds Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
Role & Responsibilities
- Build advanced native android products and applications from scratch or enhance legacy codebase.
- Perform technical design and implementation of complex Android applications
- Review client requirements, wireframes, and designs for technical feasibility, then work with the scrum team to translate these into user stories that can be implemented
- Improve product quality through code reviews, writing effective unit tests, and collaborating with QA to implement automation testing where appropriate
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline. Master's degree is preferred.
- 5 years software development experience that includes 3 years building, releasing and maintaining Android Applications
- Strong object-oriented design, programming and debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience developing Android applications in a professional setting
- Passionate about mobile development and writing correct, and efficient code
- Familiarity with Android provisioning, and Google Play Store / Amazon App Store deployment
- Strong Xcode/Interface builder
- Understanding of REST Web Services, JSON and Design Patterns using various technologies
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to reach out and work with peers to solve complex problems
- Experience with other parts of the Java ecosystem e.g. Java enterprise development a plus
- Experience with web technologies (HTML5/CSS/JS)
- Consulting experience, particularly with large corporate clients is a big plus
- UX and/or design capability
- Experience with iOS programming
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Lunch & Learn
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
- World class training and career mentorship