Senior Software Engineer - Android
As an Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com you will contribute within the Android Mobile team to deliver first class mobile solutions and be part of an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
At comparethemarket.com (CTM) our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers and our Software Engineers are at the heart of delivering this. We value everyone’s opinion in building top class software.
We want Software Engineers with an unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies who work best in a collaborative team environment. We are passionate about empowering our employees and do the same with our consumers, allowing them to compare, choose and purchase the most suitable product for them.
What will you be responsible for as an Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com?
- Developing a first class app in an agile product team
- Exploiting new technologies to deliver value to our customers
- Solve complex problems and issues
- Champions simplicity
- Understand how our customers interact with our product
- Facilitating team conversations to reach outcomes
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers within the team
What will it take to be successful as an Android Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com?
- You’ll be an advocate extreme programming, keen to test first, deploy often and pair program
- You’ll have a high level of coding standards (OO, design patterns, testing approaches, TDD)
- You’ll be a customer focused
- You’ll be an active learner, with a passion for keeping up to date with emerging technologies, and able to pick up new concepts fast
- You’ll be able to make an impact and gain the respect of the team
What technologies will you be working with in the Android team at comparethemarket.com?
- Clean & MVP architecture
- Retrofit & OkHttp
- Espresso, Mockito & JUnit testing
- Jenkins CI/CD
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to, many brands including LesFurets, ComparetheMarket.com, BeagleStreet, Junction, BudgetInsurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
- Roof Bar with breathtaking terrace views • Roof Running Track • Innovation Days •Great work-life balance • MacBook Pros for all new starters • Pool Table •Table Tennis • Playstation • High End Coffee Machine • Regular Free Desk Massage • Regular MeetUps and Social evenings • 300 secure Bike Racks • Showers and Lockers • Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts