This job offer is expired
Showtime Networks seeks an exceptional Android Developer. Ideal candidate will be innovative, selfmotivated, a quick study, and eager to develop new skills. In this position, you will take a key role in developing our awardwinning SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime applications across multiple Androidbased platforms, including phone, tablet, Android TV, Fire Tablet and Amazon Fire TV. Overview: This position is for an Android developer with wide experience, ideally with deep core and media knowledge, as well as understanding of the backend APIs necessary to build successful media applications. The SHOWTIME and Showtime Anytime Android applications are installed on millions of devices, and the SHOWTIME app was chosen as one of the top entertainment apps in the Google Play store, as well as being featured in the Best Apps of 2015 collection. We’re building the future of television, pushing onto new platforms... And along the way, we get to play with some great tech. Key Technologies: · Java, Android SDK, SQLite, media playback, JIRA, Bamboo, etc Responsibilities: Play a leading role in all stages of Android development from architecture to coding to final testing. Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high quality applications. Write clean and elegant code. Collaborate with the product team to plan, design and execute new features. Qualifications:
- Expert at Java and Android development
- Independent, energetic, and capable.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches.
- Experience writing and debugging multithreaded code.
- Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, and automated deployments
- Experience with Groovy.
- Experience with cloud services.
- Full stackdeveloper that can work on both the frontend and backend of an application.
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM.
- iOS/tvOS development.