Engineering Manger (Mobile Systems)
This job offer is expired
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity?
Come help us build a world-changing product, a long-lasting company and the most effective R&D team possible. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work and we need experienced engineering managers to help us grow.
You’ll work directly with a product, design, and engineering team who’ve worked in places such as Amazon, Facebook, Google, Apple and Zendesk.
What will I be doing?
- Leading and supporting an ambitious group of mobile product engineers
- Partnering with a product manager to define a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Working with all disciplines on your team to build, launch and iterate
- Balancing high leverage enablement (our ability to ship) with rapid and iterative
- Working with data analysts and researchers to ask the right questions and make good use of the answers
- development of product with mobile surface area (shipping!)
- Fostering, nurturing and accelerating a high-performing team
- Shipping value frequently and deliberately with tight scope
- Helping us evolve our culture
What skills do I need?
- Management experience is a requirement
- You will need to be hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the iOS and Android ecosystems
- Experience working with mobile SDK products is a bonus
- Experience working with product manager partners is a bonus
- hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code is a bonus
Who will I work with?
- A product manager partner
- A talented team of 20 engineering managers across 3 offices
- A group of ambitious product engineers with a penchant for mobile
- Your customers directly and via channels like usability studies
- Data analysts and researchers to help ask and answer the right questions
- The Director of Engineering in the Platform Group, who you’ll report to
What tools will I work with?
- An iOS application and SDK developed in Objective-C and Swift
- An Android application and SDK developed in Java with a tiny bit of Kotlin
- APIs that are mostly built in Ruby on Rails
- A web tier mostly built in one or both of Ember.js and React
- Infrastructure running entirely within Amazon Web Services
- MacBooks as standard, but whatever you need to get the job done
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Breakfast lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Life assurance and comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers.
- Generous public transport allowance.
- Wellness programme covering gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Cycle to work scheme support and secure bike storage.
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
This role is based in our city centre office on St. Stephen’s Green, in Dublin, Ireland. Our entire R&D team is based here. You'll report directly to one of our directors of engineering.