Android Senior Software Engineer
Since 2011, SpotMe has been the mobile engagement platform for visionary leaders who believe that events can drive transformative change.
SpotMe has been recognized by G2 Crowd as the leading pure play mobile event app, a growing space that represents more than $1 billion in potential annual revenue. Our ambition is to double down on this opportunity, use events as a springboard and extend our positioning into Digital Experience Platforms (DXP) for employees and customers.
Today, SpotMe serves over 220 global brands, including 80 Fortune 500 companies. Some of the world’s largest companies – including Novartis, L’Oréal, Bank of America and Daimler – use SpotMe to connect every event to their greater story.
- You will be creating high-quality code that powers the app engine behind hundreds of apps published within the Play Store and used by hundreds of thousands of end users around the world.
- Develop new features of the SpotMe Android Mobile App Framework
- Contribute to codebase maintenance and optimization
- Work with team developers, product managers, designers, and QA
- Participate to new functionality brainstorming, specification and design sessions
- Present innovations and feature launches to the wider SpotMe team
Requirements & Skills:
- BSc in Computer Science
- Strong analytical skills
- 3-5 years of extensive Android native development experience (Java)
- High quality code and knowledge of best practices
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with multi-threading programming
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Ability to take responsibility for the implementation, quality, and operation of large features and major code refactoring
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient with Java Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus
- Development experience with at least one other environment (Web, iOS...) is a plus
- Previous experience with NoSQL databases, low-level programming and embedded systems is a huge plus