Senior Native App Engineering Manager
This job offer is expired
Our senior app engineering managers are interested in service-minded leaders who are just as excited in building great, high performing, diverse teams as they are in building delightful software for both iOS and Android. Our responsibilities include:
- You have experience with grooming individual contributors into leads or junior managers.
- You have experience working with different architectures (MVVM, MVC, VIPER, etc).
- Your are hands-on coding experience with PHP, SQL, and/or GraphQL.
- You have led the development of at least one app from ideation to launch and post launch on both iOS and Android.
- You have familiarity with building retail e-commerce apps.
- Lead, recruit, and mentor developers at multiple career levels.
- Own the quality and technical excellence of your teams and their work.
- Build partnerships across teams to help deliver complex and powerful new features that span our platforms.
- Work with design, product managers, and analytics to shape roadmaps and goals across all of our groups.
In addition, senior managers have been involved in many efforts with wide impact across Wayfair, including:
- Provide continuous feedback to Wayfair's processes for recruitment, training, and performance evaluation.
- Support other app developers by taking core aspects of our app tooling and infrastructure and releasing them as open source projects .
- Improve processes across full-stack, frontend, infrastructure, and analytics to improve collaboration across tech stacks.
- Give back to the tech community by presenting talks at conferences and tech meetups.
Who Are You?
Within Wayfair App Engineering, our senior managers come from a variety of backgrounds, including startups, non-profits, and large companies, as well as classroom-educated and self-taught developers. They lead one to several teams, and bring a variety of skill and experience to the group, and common among us are:
- Experience reviewing architectural and code related decisions
- You have experience with developing on Android Java, Swift, or Objective-C on publicly available apps supported by RESTful web services, and having a past track record of encouraging collaboration across both iOS and Android.
- You have experience recruiting and grooming both junior and senior developers.
- You had an active role in shaping the culture and technical standards of an engineering organization.
- You have an Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years of professional development experience or at least 7 years of full-time software development experience.
- You have at least 2 years leading teams as a manager or team lead