Senior Software Engineer- Android Platform
This job offer is expired
Why this team? We are an new innovative, energetic technology team recently started to focus on solutions directly to helping the customer after a purchase is made. The Customer Help team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We focus on both iOS and Android applications and provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example - Returns). Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently -
- Live tracking on the day of delivery - On the day of delivery, we provide customers with a way to track the real-time location of delivery trucks on a map interface.
- PreCheck Customer Support - Smart flow for customer support to gather useful information about the user and the current issue before contacting customer service. This allows the agents to service the customer quickly and also simplifies the experience for customer.
- Tracking through a Google Home interface - This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like - " When is my couch arriving " or " When was my rug delivered? ".
What will you do?
As a Senior Software Engineer you will
- Drive the technology forward on Wayfair's Android application.
- Challenge the team and yourself to innovate for current business needs and solutions.
- Develop enhanced self-service features for viewing order & delivery information, setting up returns, cancellations and other high impact post order actions.
- Architect and lead major initiatives on the team.
- Challenge existing architectural/code quality and advocate for improvements by setting new standards.
- Work on problems of scale - we have a global audience, you will help build systems that are highly performant, reliable and fault tolerant for users across US, Canada and Europe.
- Be a strong partner to Product Managers and help in running sprint estimations and backlog grooming.
- Be a mentor for junior Engineers on the team.
You have -
- A great team spirit and are someone who easily adapts to the situation and puts the team agenda first.
- Passion to innovate and building great technology.
- Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of professional experience as a full stack software engineer.
- 5+ years of Android experience (Prefer some iOS knowledge as well).
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate development with business users
- Understanding of business impact and business needs from technological standpoint