Android Developer (international start-up e-commerce)
As mobile developer for our future Android app, being part of BESTSELLER, you will be working in our newest ‘start-up’, since August 2018. Our new office in Lisbon is part of the e-commerce organisation where we are bringing latest fashion and technology together in optima forma. What we build will define the next generation of our mobile apps. They will bring our fashion across Europe for all our 15+ brands including Jack & Jones, Only & Vero Moda. Together with your colleagues you will work on the new apps giving our customers the fastest, most exciting and relevant experience on their phones.
Who we are
Our team of 180+ colleagues from over 40 countries create exciting fashion experiences – whenever, wherever. We have high standards and expectations for our young team and are always looking for passionate, pragmatic and ambitious people. We are proud of our culture and international environment where we care for each other, while always pushing to grow and get better at what we do.
Who you are
Our team members are passionate about high quality, minimalistic and high-performing software solutions. You are able to balance your results towards elegant performing solutions that meet our business goals and whatever happens, you always choose quality over quick and dirty solutions. You are excited in learning new tech and you reflect on your actions to make sure you are always doing the right thing. Last and foremost, you love building the solutions for our customers on the mobile app together with your new team.
Daily tasks will include
- Work experience with the (latest) Android Design Guidelines.
- Defining architectural solutions and improvements for all our mobile apps.
- Conducting thorough code reviews and peer programming with your team members.
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Identifying and defining viable improvements to our way of working.
- At least 3+ years of experience in Android development.
- Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably Kotlin or Java.
- Experience with building mobile apps on Android that support different screen sizes, logging,
- monitoring, feature validation, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of software design patterns and principles such as DRY, SoC and SOLID
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, Git, and JIRA
- Excellent English communication skills, our company language.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, software engineering or related fields.
Key players in our Technology Stack
Kotlin, Android SDK, Java, Gradle, Material Design, Appium, TeamCity, AWS, GIT, REST, WebSockets, TLS.
Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a good work atmosphere and equally offer good benefits. To this extent, you can think of an excellent daily lunch and regular Friday events with colleagues. Last but not least, we have employees from all over the world and encourage international candidates to apply. If applicable, we will assist you in relocation formalities, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Lisbon.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly below. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Jelle Overmars via [email protected] or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jelleovermarsApply now