Senior Android Engineer - Mobile SDKs
Why join the SDK team at Zendesk?
We make mobile SDKs that are technically elegant, efficient, and have beautifully designed UIs. Our SDKs are embedded in tens of thousands of apps, and used by millions of users. If you have an iPhone or Android, then you have probably used one of them already!
If you are passionate about working on products with incredible scale, then our friendly, fun, diverse, and supportive team is for you.
What you’ll get to do every day
You’ll work alongside smart people who care about the product and the code they write. Our team uses best practices at every stage of the development cycle: automated tests, peer code review, and continuous integration. As part of a fast-paced Agile team, you’ll own software throughout the entire development lifecycle, making a visible impact on our global product.
Some specific challenges that you’ll help to solve are:
- Inter-SDK communication, where they don’t have hard dependencies on each other.
- Defining a common UI and UX, and develop architectures for adapting different data sources into a unified conversation.
- You love problem-solving. Investigating them and figuring out the appropriate fix is something you're good at.
- You have a deep working knowledge of Android and Java.
- You love collaborating to work on complex architecture, and writing some beautiful UI too.
- You are a seasoned engineer, comfortable with the big-picture items.
- You write beautifully clean, tested, and efficient code.
- You love helping everyone improve their code, sharing ideas, latest blog posts, or sitting side by side pairing on a problem.
- You know all about push notifications.
- You know some Kotlin.
- You have an app in the Play store.
- You know your way around some of the common libraries like Retrofit and OkHttp.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- If you’re active and contributing to the community, let us know and send us your profile (GitHub, Stack Overflow, Medium etc.)
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk. Zendesk’s powerful and flexible customer service and engagement platform scales to meet the needs of any business, from startups and small businesses to growth companies and enterprises. Zendesk serves businesses across a multitude of industries, with more than 125,000 paid customer accounts offering service and support in more than 30 languages. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zendesk operates worldwide with 15 offices in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.Apply now