Senior Android Engineer
This job offer is expired
Changing how the world schedules
The nature of work is changing and were at the center of it all. Since 2013, Calendly has been on a mission to take the work out of connecting so that our customers can accomplish more.
Were obsessed with providing an elegant, delightful experience for our customers across industries like sales, recruiting, customer success and education. This shapes how we develop, design, market, sell, support and work as a team. We treat each other with respect and understanding, put first things first and never settle. While were results driven, we always make time to learn, grow and have fun celebrating our accomplishments.
With our highly disruptive business model, were experiencing exciting growth. Were looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than a million people worldwide.
About the opportunity
As a Senior Android Engineer at Calendly, you'll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations. Delivering a great experience to our customer is our first priority.
You will be an integral part of our mobile team driving the creation and growth of our native Android experience. We are looking to create a best in class experience for our Android users and are looking for someone who can drive the technical direction and implementation to meet our ambitious goals.
Our ideal candidate has experience shipping complex yet delightful Android applications at scale. Top candidates are deep technical leaders with strong communication skills who are highly self-motivated, eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship great features to our users.
Some challenges youll get to tackle
- Build strong mobile foundations to empower the development team and our users
- Create amazing features for millions of Calendly users
- Actively engage with quality assurance about implementation and testing strategy
- Collaborate with the support team on customer issues
- Review implementation plans and pull requests from other engineers
- Advocate strong foundations in technical architecture while maintaining high velocity
- Write thorough tests for new functionality
- Participate in stand-ups, design reviews, story-writing and retrospectives
You should apply if you have:
- Previous experience as an Android Engineer developing native applications at a SaaS or technology company
- Deep proficiency with mobile application development in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Activity Lifecycle and consuming APIs
- Experience with continuous delivery, mobile testing best practices, and pair programming
- Drive to craft clean, reliable and highly maintainable code
- Experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and Scrum
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency (we do not sponsor at this time)
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Experience working with build systems (Buildkite, Jenkins, TravisCI, etc..)
- Experience working with remote teams
What youll enjoy about joining our team
Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We offer competitive salary, unlimited paid time off and flexible remote work options to help maintain work-life balance. We also provide a commuter benefits, snacks, happy hours, team-building events and so many other perks!
Join a diverse workforce, leading the way in scheduling automation.