Lead Mobile Engineer (f/m/d)
This job offer is expired
Delivery Hero is building the next generation of online food-delivery platforms around the world.
We’re truly an international organization, with teams in over 40 countries and 80+ nationalities represented in our Berlin office alone.
DeliveryTech has played an instrumental role in the phenomenal growth of our platform.
Our Tech teams leverage a diverse stack to create cutting-edge solutions which cover the full customer experience - starting with an online search for food and ending with a delicious meal arriving at your doorstep.
If you’re a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
What’s on the menu?
- Ability to build, inspire, and manage a full-time staff of software engineers.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, peer review and adherence to coding standards.
- Recognize and solve for inefficiencies in our development process.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- Mentor engineers in skills development and help them develop and execute a personal career development plan.
- Plan process and technology improvement projects and influence other managers and delivery team leads to collaborate on execution.
- Meet regularly with team members to provide feedback on employee performance and coaching for difficult situations.
- Manage the mobile apps release process.
What do you bring to the table?
- Multiple years of experience in Android and/or iOS development, including some years of hands-on technical leadership.
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, shipping, and/or supporting software.
- You are familiar with architectural patterns like MVP, MVVM & MVI.
- Very proactive person who seeks and shares needed information.
- Strong attention to details and knowing how to compromise on good design vs. pragmatism decisions.
- You are thrilled to have an impact and passionate about creating world class products to inspire people.
- Knowledge in client/server system architectures and APIs.
- Enjoy software design, technical challenges, and problem solving.
- You thrive in a cross-functional and diverse team environment that works on innovative, large-scale, and fun projects.
- You have a desire to work with and lead projects using Agile software development Passionate for the customer and for shipping quality software to them.
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and representation is key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring -- therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!
Are you the missing ingredient?
Read about the latest updates from our Tech & Product teams on our blog.
Find our stack here.