This job offer is expired
Client: Swift Medical - Healthcare Technology Industry
Role: Android Developer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
Swift Medical, a recognized healthcare technology is looking to hire an Android Developer for a 6 month contract based in Downtown Toronto.
Your New Role
You will be working on flagship app which is used to monitor and care for the wounds of over 100,000 patients a month, via 15,000 health care facilities around the world. They have already built native iOS apps, and now are expanding to Android, so this a great opportunity to bring products' healing ability to even more people.
* Manage the full technical life-cycle of Android applications during each development phase.
* Collaborate with team members to brainstorm about new products, provide each other with technical insight and review working drafts.
* Document and maintain design specifications, source code, and archives for new applications and ideas.
* Work with product managers, clients and sales teams to assess customer demand and usability of new applications.
* Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
* Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
* Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
This position works within a collaborative team that believes in the value of craftsmanship in their code. A certain amount of independence is expected, but there is excellent technology leadership around, and lots of opportunities to learn and gain experience in cool areas like computer vision and encryption.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
* 3+ years of overall software development and/or Android software development
experience - tell us about the apps you've built!
* Unit tests, instrumented unit tests, continuous integration and architecture that supports
* Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, Kotlin are all great to haves
* Working knowledge of Web Services & REST (JSON) APIs.
* Git, JIRA, Agile software development
* Comfortable taking direction on system architecture and delivering code and documents
that meet a spec.
* College or University degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
What You'll get in Return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement and a very competitive hourly rate for the contract. This is also a chance to get a very prestigious name on your resume.
If you're available and interested in this role, please reply to this email as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with Swift Medical to manage the recruitment of this position.