Android Developer - Help us build the future of mobility
At hiyacar we know our cities are full of unused, parked cars. We have to be smarter about cars and transport. We need fewer cars used more efficiently. We need a new model of car access over car ownership. We have to rethink how cars work for communities and how to make communities fairer for all. Cars depreciate and lose money; they are liabilities not assets. Sharing cars transforms cars into assets. Sharing cars keeps communities moving. When we share more, everyone wins.
We are looking for an Android developer to join our team and continue developing our Android app. You will have significant input into the direction of the hiyacar apps and will work collaboratively with the whole hiyacar team to make it a best-in-class product.
The ideal candidate thrives in an agile environment, strives to produce high quality code and and has a keen interest in the latest technology.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with our product and design team to plan and spec great features
- Building, testing and releasing updates to our Android App
- Engaging with our community of car hirers/owners at events and focus groups
- Anything else you’re skilled at that can add value to hiyacar
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of native development experience with Java/Kotlin
- Solid understanding of the limitations and patterns with the platform, devices and SDK versions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Git version control
- Working with APIs via REST and JSON/XML
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
Additional amazingness (not all required but the amazing part is required):
- Unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience of iOS development
- Built and launched one or more popular apps in the Play Store
- Communication with other hardware via Bluetooth LE