← Back to all jobs
Senior Android Engineer
- We are looking for experienced Android developers to help architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile application
- We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications on the Android phone, Android Wear, Android Wear , Android TV & ChromeCast.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Build reusable software components for interfacing with the Anghami platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- 4 years of experience in Android development. Maybe you even have some nice Android apps in the Play Store that you can show us.
- Fluent in writing well-documented code. You love to explain and show off your awesome new code snippet you just did to those around you, and you can do so in fluent English.
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is a plus, but not required.
- Being able to write and debug code that is suitable for mobile constraints.
- Solid understanding of the intricacies of the mobile platforms
- Familiar with source-control management
- Demonstrated expertise with the Android SDK
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems
- Proficient in :
- Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Understanding of caching and streaming mechanisms
- Extensive experience with UI layouts
- Design data models and create database schemas using SQLite
- Ability to understand and debug large and complex code bases
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of SDK performance tools and optimization techniques