← Back to all jobs
Digital Lead Software Developer - Android/iOS
This job offer is expired
- Lead the design and development of Software for Caltex Digital
- Android/iOS Lead Developer
A proud and iconic Australian company, Caltex aims to be the market leader in complex supply chains and the evolving convenience marketplace by delivering the fuel and other everyday needs of its diverse customers.
Caltex Digital has initially focused on making life easier for customers by delivering solutions including the FuelPay app, digital displays, website portals, Pre Order Coffee app, self-checkouts and number plate recognition payments.
This team also focuses on improving operational efficiencies to help team members in the fuels and retail business units.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Software Developer in Android to work with us to enable the Caltex digital strategy by designing and developing software as part of cross functional digital solutions and provide technical coaching and leadership to Software Developers.
Who you are:
- You focus on making life easier for the customer
- You love architecting, designing and building great apps
- You are a senior android developer or lead who has technically led app teams and mentored developers in a cross functional agile work environment
- You know how to work with APIs and have some opinion on a range of cloud-based technologies and concepts
You'll take us further by
- Developing and operating apps as part of a cross functional team building complex, high volume, human-centred software solutions
- Coaching the team in the latest approaches to app development; sharing your passion and experience
- Develop technology stack initiatives to improve speed-to-market, quality of service, privacy and cyber security
- Continuously improve the application of agile development methods and modern software engineering practices
- Employing your extensive knowledge and substantial experience within position-specific software development
- Drawing upon your capability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of the issues and an ability to effective articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Successfully influencing and engaging a wide group of stakeholders and communicating key information effectively
We'll take you further by
- An opportunity to join our C-lab, the new home for the Caltex Digital team and a co-location at the Sydney Start-up Hub where you will have direct interaction with NSW's start-up community
- Welcoming you to the Caltex Digital team with ~30 digital professionals designing customer experiences to make life easier for customers and staff using mobile apps, websites and onsite digital technology
- The challenge of designing, developing and releasing multiple products at the same timeline while keeping the customer experience at the centre of everything
- The opportunity to not only advocate best practices but also implement them
- Offering ways of working that are underpinned to Human Centred Design and Agile Management techniques focusing heavily of the needs of the user and delivering frequent iterations to support test and learn experiments and obtain early feedback.
- Work within an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and inclusion and celebrate what makes us unique. We'll take you further with freedom and flexibility to be you!
- You constantly seek to improve build and release processes by utilising various tools
- You build relationships with the larger agile team while having great rapport with other developers
We're an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and celebrate what makes us unique. We'll take you further with freedom and flexibility to be you.
Want to take your digital career to the next level? Apply today.
More android jobs near Sydney
🇦🇺 Sydney, Australia