Digital Biomarker Mobile Solution Software Architect
This job offer is expired
Are you ready to implement your software developer skills to transform the way new medicines are developed and to be at the frontier of personalized medicine? Roche’s Pharma Research and Early Development Informatics team is looking for a creative and aspiring mobile solutions software architect to help us move forward in the new era of healthcare, where for us this is more than a job. It’s helping to change the world.
Digital tools, such as smartphones or wearables, can now continually measure and collect vital health information – or “Digital Biomarkers” – from patients. Digital biomarkers are changing how future medicines will be developed and could lead to more personalised use of new medications that will transform the lives of patients. Advances in wearable devices, such as phones, watches, textiles or delivery devices, which track a patient’s vital signs and monitor for symptoms all have the potential to vastly accelerate clinical development.
As a Mobile Solution Software Architect you will be:
- Designing and maintaining the scalable, modular architecture for our Digital Biomarker remote patient monitoring platform (i.e. data collection from Apps and wearables), which forms the technical backbone of study and disease area specific remote patient monitoring solutions - collecting terabytes of sensor data from dozens of studies and 10’000s of patients in a global setup
- Defining and maintaining the technical software development roadmap enabling our platform to serve a) multiple parallel, global clinical development studies and b) real world deployments (outside clinical trials)
- Driving the functional “mobile” roadmap under the leadership of a Software Product Manager
- Coordinating multiple Scientific Technical Managers with their software development teams to a) develop the modular architecture,b)and to use it to develop remote patient monitoring software solutions for specific studies/disease areas/use-cases andc) Develop the mobile apps requested by clinical study teams
- Continuously minimize the time to release of remote patient monitoring solutions by implementing an efficient architecture
We are searching for a highly motivated individual, who possesses a very good university degree (MSc level or above) in computer science, scientific informatics or a related field, has excellent interpersonal skills and has solid project management experience. If you bring as well the following set of skills and expertise listed below, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
- 9+ years hands-on mobile software development expertise
- 6+ years leading software development teams
- 4+ coaching software developers
- Experience working in large, high-performance teams
- Expertise in agile software development methodology (SCRUM preferred)
- Expertise in modular mobile software development for ease of code reuse
- Worked successfully as mobile solution software architect for multiple global mobile apps processing real time information
- Expertise in iOS and Android ecosystems, on top of the latest technologies and trends
- Solid experience in developing cross platform applications
- Proven track record of managing large teams in very complex, agile and competitive environments
If you have been able to gain as well experience in the pharmaceutical, diagnostics or related industry and if you have experience in the use of hands-on scientific computing/software development, decision support software as well as a deep understanding of regulatory frameworks and compliance implications (e.g. GxP, GDPR) you are the ideal team member we are looking for.
The next step is yours.
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.