This job offer is expired
Android Developer II Our native app won a Webby Award for our use of ARKit to allow our customers to render our furniture as 3D models in their living space. Waychat: An in-app messaging service that gives shoppers the ability to chat with customer service agents in real-time and through the main Wayfair Android app. This is built using GraphQl and push notifications for message delivery. The Waychat messaging service is now being used across Wayfair for a variety of other applications.
What You'll Do
- Write high quality Java and Kotlin code in collaboration with iOS and Android developers.
- Mentor junior developers to improve their Android knowledge, and help them break down complex tasks
- Work with designers to refine our user experiences with an eye to Human Interface Guidelines and other Android best practices.
- Collaborate actively with backend developers on features that span web/mobile web and the native apps.
- Review code and provide clear feedback to other developers on your team and adjacent groups, as well as investigate and propose new ideas for advancing development practices.
What You'll Need
- You have an Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent, and at least 2 years of professional Android development experience.
- You have a deep understanding of Android fundamentals, interacting with endpoints, debugging using breakpoints, and memory management on Android.
- You are familiar with architecture patterns such as MVP, MVVM, Clean/VIPER, etc., and have worked with async patterns.
- You have a passion for writing clean, readable, and thoroughly tested code.
- You are excited to learn about new libraries and technologies, and stay on the cutting edge of the evolving mobile landscape.
- Experience with Kotlin
- Knowledge of GraphQl, SQL, and/or PHP
- Familiarity with building retail e-commerce applications