Software Developer, Android Auto
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Work experience in functional safety software development according to ISO26262 in the automotive industry.
- Software development experience with C/C++.
- Experience working with most of the following: automotive infotainment systems development, embedded systems software development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, networking, safety critical systems design or security software development, Clean Code, Test Driven Development.
- Experience with design patterns for functional safety architectures.
- Knowledge of real-time operating systems or Android.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Developed verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design the architecture and implement the software to enable ASIL-A and B software within the next generation of the Android Auto.
- Drive the integration of safety relevant items into the development process according to ISO 26262.
- Contribute to the architecture and development of the core system, extending the functionality way beyond the current generation.