Senior Android developer
This job offer is expired
We are looking for the best of the best - motivated problem-solvers, excellent programmers, people who like what they do, and more importantly - know what they do.
If you can find yourself in the following description and you are a senior Android developer - this post is for you. Join our team of more than 100 developers across different subteams, organized around technologies and products.
We want you to join us in building successful products that evolve our clients’ business, and we are trusted with major brands and their core mobile products and strategies: Rosetta Stone, Marriott International, Penguin Random House, Napster, Crestron, and many more.
Also, we would like to provide you with an opportunity to take your seniority to the next level.
How will your everyday look like?
You will be able to master and develop your engineering logic working on exciting projects and with a team of 14 experts.
Our Dino, Android team lead, came to Five fresh out of college
“When I came to Five, we were a smaller team and in a way I grew with Five. The company is almost five times bigger today than when I joined and I feel that my work contributed to that. When you see your work having real results - that’s what keeps you going.”
Today Dino, as a team lead is focused mainly on growth and development of people within his team:
“My initial plan was to stay with Five for a short period of time and then go somewhere abroad but my plan fell through because Five kept growing and our client list is really top notch on global level. Day by day, challenge by challenge, I realized this was the best place for me. Also, some of my colleagues have been with me for years. It would be really difficult to find a team this connected and with the same focus.”
Besides team management, Dino is responsible for quality output as well:
“We have set process and we follow them - weekly meetings with presentation of all new developments in the industry that might help us, code reviews which help us develop better. Regarding libraries we use: RX Java, Dagger, Clean architecture, git and we tend to opensource as much as possible.”
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary according to your experience
- Top notch equipment
- Education: internal such as code review and regular dedicated time for research and improvement as well as external. This year we are planning to attend Droidcon Berlin, Droidcon London, Google IO, KotlinConf and AppDevCon.
- Flexible working hours - if you want to work from a mountain, we are fine with that.
- Clear career development system - we follow your personal development and award accordingly.
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of relevant experience as an Android developer
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Kotlin
- Excellent knowledge of RxJava library
- Excellent knowledge of Dagger Framework
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Room library
- Experience with Android architecture components
- Any kind of portfolio where you can show us your work
We are waiting for you on your first day with all the equipment prepared for you as well as a dedicated team member to welcome you onto our onboarding process. Hurry up and apply.