Software Engineer, Mobile (Android)
Grab is currently seeking experienced and energetic Android developers at different levels for our Singapore office with experience in native Android app development and strong interpersonal skills. You will work in diverse teams of mobile engineers that focus on the development of either our Android passenger or driver applications. Our engineering teams are relatively small and product specific, which means that as a mobile engineer you have the opportunity to extensively collaborate with, and learn from others. More importantly, everyone holds accountability and directly impacts Grab’s success. Every ‘Grabber’ is equally important. You will specialise in crafting and maintaining elegant products on innovative technologies that bring our unique on-demand transport experience to millions of people, anytime and anywhere. With over 49 million mobile downloads, we are processing millions of bookings a day and billions of traffic data points per month. When you push out new code, tons of people will see what you made within seconds. Operating on this level is hard, but deeply rewarding. Our applications consist of large and complex code bases and architectures. Grab’s primary products are our driver and passenger applications, which are developed by our mobile engineers. We feel everyone should have access to transportation, so your high-quality delivery is vital to Grab and our community.
- You will work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- More senior engineers will act as a role model and mentor to more junior members.
- Build re-usable Android software components for the Grab platform.
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five-star ratings.
- You will monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- You will raise the bar by reviewing each other's code, sharing knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally help out - within and across teams. In Grab we call this principle 'Your Problem is My Problem'.
Skills & Requirements
- You are a computer science, software engineering, information technology graduate, or similar.
- You have working knowledge of RxJava 2 and/or Kotlin
- You have strong CS fundamentals, including DS/Algorithms.
- Experience in profiling, unit testing and web socket programming is preferred.
- Knowledge on JUnits, Mockito, Dagger 2 and ability to 'design' apps is considered a plus.
- You are quick on your feet, always aiming for quality and are a natural collaborator.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please provide as with the names of (mobile) applications or other technologies you have developed, and explain your relevant responsibilities for each when applying for this position.
Grab is an equal opportunity provider. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Apply now