Senior Android Developer Team Lead Full time Nuremberg or remote in Germany
This job offer is expired
Join our mission to make MaaS matter
Mobility as a Service (MaaS) is the idea that there’ll be one mobile app which aggregates all forms of transport, public and private, including planning, bookings and payment. We believe MaaS will be how people organise their commutes as robotaxis and micromobility modes take over the “first and last mile” segments of trip chains. MaaS will significantly contribute to the reduction of emissions as people abandon cars for more carbon-friendly forms of transport.
It is a complex domain and while we have a strong team of Android developers, there are not enough of them to keep up with the current demands. Are you one of the few who excels in this area? Do you know your MVVM from your MVP and have an interest in transport? Then talk to us about this role – we have a diverse, global crew and are proud of the friendly atmosphere and flat hierarchy where access to each other is easy.
We work really well as a team and every team member can help shape the way SkedGo evolves. You can have direct impact on products, experiment with new ideas, and be on the forefront of exciting changes in transport that are currently happening.
Please note: To apply, send an email to [email protected] following the “How to Apply” instructions below. We will only consider applications following this process.
- quickly understand code written by others (Java, Kotlin, RxJava, MVVM)
- work with the product manager & designers to understand and refine requirements
- improve our code quality and reduce technical debt
- improve others’ technical ability
- create integration tests
Experience with GIS data will be looked upon favourably.
- Solid background in computer science topics such as relational databases, concurrency, data structures, and algorithms.
- Minimum 2 years work experience preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to manage a team of 2+ developers and prioritise workload. Previous management experience beneficial
- Communicate clearly with team members
- Join global team calls, which are sometimes outside of regular office hours
What we offer
- Flexible hours and location
- Great team
- Ability to grow with the business
- Make an impact
- Learn technical and non-technical skills from senior management and other technical leads
- Opportunity to learn/use cool tech that we work with: Kotlin, RxJava, Clean Architecture
- Competitive salary
You would be working in our Sydney office with the option to work remotely as well. It’s a full time role. We do not provide relocation or visa sponsorships.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send an email to [email protected] including your resume and why you want to work for us/why we would want you. What makes us special? What makes you special?
- Include at least two references and examples of previous work.
- In addition, we would like to challenge you with the following coding problem. Please include the solution with your application. Feel free to use your preferred programming language.
Given 2 strings, return 2 character iterables (Iterable<Character> in Java) such that:
The first Iterable iterates over the characters that exist in the first string but not in the second string
The second Iterable iterates over the characters that exist in the second string but not in the first string