Software Engineer, Mobile Applications (Android)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building modern web applications and Android apps.
- Expertise in Computer Science, with a background in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of mobile application development using Android and/or iOS.
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Software Engineers have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Pushing the boundaries of current mobile platforms, you will perform technological feats in constrained environments and will be presented with exciting challenges in native or mobile application development. Our Software Engineers in Mobile work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. You will build Google products for Apps, or Maps for Android and/or iOS platforms. If you are an Android Developer, you will develop Google applications primarily in Java using the Android SDK, and if you are an iOS Developer, you will develop applications and SDKs primarily in Objective-C and using the iOS SDK.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop mobile applications in Java and/or Objective-C for multiple platforms.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Googles products.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications like Gmail, Google Search and Google Maps.
- Write scalable, performant server-side code. Build on top of our infrastructure to create the services that support an amazing mobile experience.