Android Developer (Contract)
Steamclock is looking for a bright, enthusiastic developer with experience building native Android apps. If you love writing beautiful, high-quality software, we’d like to meet you.
We generally hire for long-term fit, but are currently looking for a local contractor who we can ramp up on projects from time to time when things are busy.
You'll have the opportunity to work on...
- Building new Android apps, primarily in Kotlin
- A variety of tasks and projects, typically working on 3-5 apps per year
- Minimizing the need for meetings with proactive communication on Slack, Github, and elsewhere
- Building out native UIs against various REST APIs
- Collaborating with a small team of 2-3 people for each project
- Using modern native Android tools like JetPack and Android Architecture
- Working on open source libraries and product experiments
- Iterating our skills and culture to build the best darn app development team in the world
Ideally you would have...
- At least 2 years of experience shipping native Android apps
- An understanding of Kotlin, Java, and the native Android SDK
- The ability to work full time in Vancouver
- A code sample, and/or stories about code you can't show
- Enthusiasm for building customer-facing software
- Empathy for the needs of clients, team members, and app users
- Excellent communication in all forms, including gif and
People from groups underrepresented in tech, including women, people of colour, and LGBTQ+ candidates, are encouraged to apply.Apply now