Software Engineer, Android
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional experience working in the mobile industry.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java and/or Python.
- Experience in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms or API design.
- Experience automating and scaling web or mobile back-ends. Experience with full-stack or back-end application development.
- Knowledge of mobile application development in Android and sensing technologies.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
About the job
As a Software Engineer working on Android mobile applications, youll drive new innovations and build user experiences. Youll work with mobile developers and resources to drive the next generation of apps at Google.
Teams that are currently hiring for are:
- Google Pay is Googles mobile payments and commerce app for our Next Billions Users (NBU) markets. It was made first for India with an incredible adoption since launch.
- Bolo is a speech-based reading-tutor app that helps children learn to read. Our teams mission is universal literacy, we believe that everyone should be able to read. Through working together with parents, teachers, and the broader education ecosystem, Bolo will contribute in shaping the future of Indias young learners and readers.
- The Web search team works on critical search features that reside in the Google.com search result page. These involve cutting edge ML and information retrieval techniques around language and text understanding, sophisticated ranking algorithms, building large-scale serving infrastructure, and UI innovation to surface rich structured information in search. The team focuses both on solving important India-specific search problems (such as rich local language search, improving the content eco-system for local content, etc) and also technologies that cater to global search features, including user-modeling and document understanding.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Work with a team of Developers to design user experiences and build applications for Android devices.
- Participate in architectural review and design, and code contribution.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.