Android Developer - Streaming Video
Homegrown stories and Hollywood hits. At HOOQ we’re telling millions of stories to billions of people across Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, and India. Just like our content, our team comes from around the world, we’re ambitious, driven and unique, we embrace the difference. There’s many paths people take to join us, what links us together is our love of stories.
HOOQ is backed by some of the biggest players in entertainment, we’re a joint venture between Singtel, Sony and Warner Brothers. We build for the customer first to deliver original, local and international content on their phone, tablet, computer and television wherever they are.
It’s an exciting time to be at HOOQ! Our team is growing again, which means we are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Android Developer for our Singapore office. You'll need a track record of developing releasing android apps, from this we'd expect you have experience with Android internal framework and experience in using third party Android libraries. You will help shape how we build and grow our service throughout the region. Where ever you’ve come from, apply now and come choose your own adventure.
In the role you will
- Design and implement key components of the Hooq Android app
- Collaborate with product and design teams to create innovative user interfaces and features, optimized for mobile phones and tablets
- Collaborate with marketing and data teams to track key analytics and run marketing campaigns.
- Integrate with services provided by third party vendors
- 2+ years experience in Android app development
- Familiar with Android internal framework
- Experience in using third party Android libraries
- Willingness to learn (Kotlin, RxJava, etc)
Bonus if you have experience with
- Kotlin language
- Reactive programming (RxJava)
- RESTful APIs
- Performance, functional & unit testing
- Multimedia, video or audio streaming
- Application security and content DRM