This job offer is expired
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending 40,000 fans to live events every day. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As an Android Engineer you will architect, develop, and maintain the Vivid Seats Google Play Editor’s Choice Android App. You’ll research and incorporate modern best architectural standards, refactor our code base, and scale the consumer facing Vivid Seats app that has over 1 million downloads.
Our team writes new features and tests in Kotlin, utilizes Redux methodologies for uniform flow, and leverages Room as a Sqlite DB wrapper. We also customize UI test suites for different branches, and utilize Dagger for dependency injection. Our mobile engineers collaborate with our Product, Quality and Design Teams to select technology, optimize our current experience, and implement product differentiators to improve the experience for our users. We embrace lean and empowered teams to look critically at our apps, innovate, and drive new solutions. Our delivery teams work together standardizing the way we write code across platforms providing ownership that extends beyond individual teams.
Our app has grown 70% year over year in transaction volume with our user rate growing even faster. Developers who are who are hungry for a new challenge solving difficult challenges collaboratively will have a huge impact on the evolution of the Vivid Seats Android App.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A proven career developing mobile apps for Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Strong knowledge of consuming REST APIs and backend services
- Passion for mobile platforms and keeping up with the latest technologies, usability, and user experiences
- Familiarity with agile development cycles, rapid prototyping, and A/B Testing
- Proficient in SQL, knowledge of NoSQL and real-time data pipelines
- Ability to learn and share new technologies with enthusiasm and a high degree of efficiency
- Desire to work autonomously in an independent and small team environment
- Experience building APIs and implementing new technologies such as React Native, Dagger, or Room is a plus
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting our customer first