Team Lead - Consumer Drive
This job offer is expired
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll doIn leading the team your responsibilities will be:
- Be part of the development team, coding, mentoring and coaching team members.
- Develop and build the teams: attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals.
- Set objectives for the team and the individual team members and help them achieve these.
- Lead the team to succeed in agile practices, in collaboration with the Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- Support product management on product planning, including contributing to the product strategy and roadmap, briefing product management on relevant technical topics, and providing advice on technical feasibility of features and infrastructure cost.
- Collaborate with the lead architect and product management to agree on product system quality attribute requirements, including acceptance criteria.
- Communicate system quality attribute requirements and architecture to the development team.
- Expand personal network across the supplier chain
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Java and Android development as well as people management
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentations skills (English)
- Experience with agile practices, and the ability to manage an agile team
- Quick learner who believes in continuous learning and acts as a catalyst for building this culture within the organization
- Analytical thinking skills, problems solving with strong exposure to root causing tools and techniques and ability to come up with win-win solutions in complex business situations
- Awareness and experience in working with multicultural, multi-locations teams
We’re TomTom Consumer. On our team, you’ll bring smart, safe driving to millions of people around the world. We’re going beyond navigation technology to build a full-service community platform that addresses consumers’ needs every step of the way, whether they want to optimize their commute to work, get inspired by delightful landscapes, or make sure they arrive on time to that long-anticipated friends’ reunion. This is your chance to play a role in building the world’s largest driving community, while bringing a more enjoyable on-road experience to all drivers.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?