Principal Mobile Developer
This job offer is expired
iRobot’s Mobile Engineering is looking for an exceptional Principal developer to join our team in either iOS or Android. You'll be a key contributor to iRobot's talented and exciting Digital products program. You'll get to work on inventive software products that provide our customers with rich and convenient ways to interact with our family of consumer robots. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the effective interplay on multi-disciplinary teams to deliver new product capabilities. You'll work closely with our product and design teams to bring the best user experience to our mobile app. You'll collaborate with IoT connectivity, cloud, data analytics, as well as robotics, contributing to next-generation iRobot products and Digital features. Software innovation at iRobot will surprise you.
- Be a leader among the incredible group of engineers behind the top-rated iRobot Home mobile app, used by millions of people worldwide
- Contribute to code base comprised of common C++ core with native iOS or Android UI
- Write high quality code that is well documented, maintainable, and unit tested
- Collaborate with technical architects, test engineers, UX designers, product managers
- Help to mentor and grow other engineers; participate in and drive code reviews
- Technically lead small team of engineers working on a user experience initiative.
- At least 8 years in development of native Android or iOS commercial applications
- Track record of performing at a high level, delivering robust solutions on schedule
- Exceptional coding skills in C++ and at least one of Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift
- Communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience in debugging code bases with multiple source languages
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Graduate technical degree in related field
- Previous development of networked mobile applications, with complex communications
- Helped to drive quality improvement through test-driven development practices
- Knowledge of challenges building common mobile app features for multiple platforms
- Industry experience in consumer electronics, mobile devices, or robotics.