Technical Lead - Help us launch our tech hub in Vienna
This job offer is expired
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 3.5 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 1300 employees in 4 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $500 million from investors including Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, Greyhound Capital, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
Once here you will
Lead a cross-functional product team in a trusting, collaborative and highly autonomous environment. Here are some responsibilities we think will help you be successful as a Tech Lead at N26.
Lead an engineering team
Grow an inspiring, inclusive and collaborative environment, working with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and Designers to plan out new initiatives, managing both technical and non-technical risks. You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team. Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger. Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture. Discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
Cultivate system architecture for a set of product services/applications
Establish a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers. Shepherd the team towards the Technical Vision in small increments delivered on our modern infrastructure and deployment platform that currently enables over 100 deploys a week. Ensure that the system architecture satisfies the needs of all business and technical stakeholders and key system quality attributes. Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt. Communicate technical topics or constraints to non-technical stakeholders in easily-understandable ways. Grow architectural understanding and champion system (not just software) design within the team.
Develop both code and our engineers
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team, shipping it into production on at least a daily basis.
- Guide the team to continually improve the software development process to speed up feedback and improve quality.
- Grow our passionate engineers through coaching and mentoring and finding new opportunities to learn through the continuous delivery of value.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic N26 engineering attitude
What you will bring along
What we expect you to have
Significant software engineering experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including Java 8 or Kotlin. Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment. Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD, refactoring. Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader and full English language professional proficiency.
What we hope you to have
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
N26 is powered by a microservice architecture written mainly in Java 8 with Spring Boot and a bit of Kotlin. The services talk to each other using REST, SQS and Kinesis. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and DynamoDB.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Working with international, highly engaged peers
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Getting things done attitude
- Keep up to date with our InsideN26 Magazine
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Exciting challenges
- We offer a competitive salary for this position based on your qualification and experience.The starting range for this positions starts at 80,000 gross per year
- Find a career path. Not just a job. Some of our benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.