Android Software Frameworks Engineer, Portal
This job offer is expired
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content.
The Portal Frameworks team is at the core of Portal software. We work on the full portal stack to help provide modular scalable platform and consistent services for Portal applications. The frameworks team is also responsible for managing the Core OS (Android based) and defining the key core components to build robust and scalable architecture for creating a truly social OS platform. We are looking for candidates who are extremely passionate about OS technologies and who are strong proponents of building a solid platform to help our application teams, clients and partners iterate faster.
A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and doesnt mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects and product management.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements and specify interfaces for new software frameworks and enhance existing frameworks
- Design, develop, and test software frameworks
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the framework team
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with shipping consumer products
- Experience with Android internals or frameworks services
- 3+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and/or Java
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK, JNI and IPC mechanisms
- Experience with Android performance tools and security models
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]