Senior Mobile Engineer - React Native/iOS/Android
This job offer is expired
Are you ready to change lives with your code? Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases. We're starting with addiction, insomnia, multiple sclerosis (MS), and schizophrenia, and there's more to come. Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with phenomenal partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers in San Francisco uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of teamwork, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
As a member of the mobile team, your job is to build extraordinary mobile digital therapeutics apps that help patients. You'll take advantage of our shared platform infrastructure and component libraries, and work with the Product, Clinical, QA, and Regulatory teams to deliver first-of-their-kind therapeutics to those in need. You'll be instrumental in leading technical discussions, taking ownership of projects, and continually improving our code and the way that we work.
- Architect and develop mobile applications for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Assemble functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Help the team thrive: Mentor fellow engineers, demonstrate technical expertise, promote high quality testing practices, and bring in knowledge of current and upcoming technologies.
- Be a meaningful part of the big picture: Work with teams across the company like Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, and Clinical to help us achieve our mission.
- Experience with React Native, or native iOS or Android development.
- Deep understanding of the app delivery lifecycle, including code signing and app store reviews.
- Experience with methodical testing, test-driven development (TDD), and various testing patterns.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
- Preferred: Native mobile development experience. Our apps are built in React Native, but iOS and Android experience provides helpful context.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.
OUR TECH STACK:
Mobile (React Native and Redux): Mobile apps that patients use. We build our apps on a shared platform of in-house components that ease development and maintenance. Web (React, Redux, and Webpack): The interface that doctors interact with. API (NodeJS, Restify, MySQL, and Postgres): This is the shared back-end that all of our apps use. Testing (Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Appium, Jest): We're serious about code quality, and testing is a key tool to meet our high standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.